Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Yet another "Re-Commitment"

Listening to Jillian Micheal's Podcast the last couple of weeks has really helped me to know that I'm on the right track. I also learned that somethings take time. Not everyone is going to lose 100lbs in 12 months. Sometimes we have to work with being honest with ourselves. We have to acknowledge our issues and deal with them to move ahead. We have to adjust our self talk. The way we think, believe and see ourselves plays a large part in believing what we can or cannot accomplish. There are reasons why we self sabotage or refuse to do the things we know are better for us.

I have to realize that I am worth it. God doesn't make junk. He gave us a mind to think and a free will so we can change and grow. If we choose not to do that, it isn't God's fault because He didn't swoop down from heaven to be our hero and take away our problems and give us the easy way out. He has already given us everything we need to accomplish every dream and goal imaginable.

We are made in God's image. We have the power and knowledge and strength to do the impossible. The faith to dream and make those dreams come true. We have the power to speak things into existance. We can speak success into our lives. We can create change in hopeless situations.

I have recently gotten back to working out but I am still struggling with this food thing. At first I was thinking that I would just not do anything while I get my head on straight. I'm working on my self talk and completing the 6 session course of Made to Crave and reading the book, in doing this I realized somethings.

I realized that I had made progress in the last year. No I didn't lose a lot of weight while I was weight watchers. No my numbers aren't much better. But lets look at the victories.
  • I stayed with WW for a year (a first) I learned and participated more than ever before.
  • I walked my first 5k. It took me an hour but I finished it.
  • I joined a Coed gym (never thought I could work out infront of guys).
  • I am under 300lbs no matter what my faults are 300+ is a danger zone because my knees can't take it.
  • I learned not to stick my head in the sand but to acknowledge my problems. I've also learned to take those problems to the Lord and allow Him to work on me.
  • I've began doing the work and not just talking about doing it.
  • I went to Baltimore on the train from DC to meet people that I've never seen before. I was afraid and at some points downright scared but I did it afraid and I am so glad I did.
  • I have started to invest in workout gear.
  • I am learning to go at it even when I have to go alone.
  • I'm gaining more esteem.
  • I'm giving me more grace and love.


That's what I have for now. I'm sure I could ramble on forever. I'll talk to you all later.

Be blessed and be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment