Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 1 of Beautiful Transformations Challenge - Green Smoothie

Good evening beautiful people. I have had a challenge week but I have had some small victories. One of them is that I made my first green smoothie.


My recipe can be found here if you are on MyFitnessPal.com.

When I shopped I didn't have anything particular in mind but after watching a view videos yesterday I decided to use spinach as my green base.


Spinach, carrots, avocado, banana, frozen blueberries, mango, pineapple and vanilla coconut milk.


Ok let me back track. Originally I wanted to buy a juicer and do green drinks but a good friend suggested revisiting smoothies because the texture will make it interesting. So I pulled out the trusty blender filled it with spinach put the carrots in and banana and some coco milk at first it wouldn't blend but after I added more milk it was easy to blend then I added all my frozen fruit (no sugar added).

I was sooo excited and it was soooo good. I didn't add any sugar. I thought I wouldn't get past the green look but I didn't have a problem at all. It was good and filling.


Feel free to leave recipes suggestions and your smoothie stories.

Smooches.





No comments:

Post a Comment