Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who Switched Numbers with Jesus

Written November 11, 2008 by Roscheeta Brundige

One night I was watching TV when the phone rang. It was one of my god-sisters. We greeted each other then she asked “Who switched numbers with Jesus?”

I asked, “What?”

She says, “Who switched numbers with Jesus?”

I said, “Ok.Say that one more time.”

She says, “Who sings ‘Falling in love with Jesus’?”

After I answered I relayed to her what I initially heard. We laughed for a while and I actually laughed for a few days and still chuckle when I think about it now.

I had so many jokes. I could’ve answered, “Well who answered when you called.” or “I didn’t know He changed His number.” “If He didn’t answer He probably didn’t want to talk to you,” etc.

But when I seriously thought about it, it’s sort of sad.

When we first accept Christ we are excited and full of zeal. We put Christ first in everything. Prayer isn’t a struggle. Obeying His voice isn’t a struggle. Taking all your issues and concerns to Him in prayer is automatic.

Then something happens. We shift Him from #1 to #2 from #2 to #3 so on and so forth.

Slowly but surely our life becomes more important than the Lord. Our job, our children, our spouse and even church work takes becomes a greater priority.

When problems arise we don’t even consider Him as our first and only resort or resource.

We call our friends, family and church members before we even consult God. We move from acknowledging Him in all we do to only coming to Him after we have tried to fix our problems ourselves and when things were good we didn’t consult him at all.

We forget about “Thou shall have no other god before me?’ “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thy soul and with all thy might?”

“You can’t serve two masters you hate on and love t he other.”

Recently I’ve reprioritized my life and put Jesus back into #1 position.

How about you? Do you want to join me?

I promise it will be worth it!!

With Love prayers and blessings,

Roscheeta

Midnight – Brent Jones
Don’t wait til midnight
When there is no sunshine
You are a stranger until there is danger
You say that you love me and can’t live with out me
Then when do you call me only when you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment