Tuesday, December 27, 2011

How's your record?

I was driving home from work and 'Oh My Record Will Be There' by Bishop Gilber E. Patterson on the Singing the Old Time way project began to play. This song really brought me back to a proper perspective of viewing some of the situations in my life.

It doesn't matter what people see, acknowledge or do; what matters is that I do what's right and it will be recorded. When I stand before the judgement seat of God I will be there alone. No excuse, No explanations no more chances to get it right.

So in a world where people are not being held accountable and we are enabling each other in abyss of mediocracy there is one standard that we will give an account to in eternity. Even that secret thing done in the dark will be recorded.

I'm thanking and praising God for this brief and simple song. I hope it touches your heart like it has touched mine.

Lyrics - "Oh My Record Will Be There"

Oh my record will be there - be it's pages dark or far
When I stand before - before that judgement bar
Oh and when the book shall open wide - In that morning by and by
Oh my record, oh my record, it will be there


<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GZesnE6YCYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment