Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Love Unstoppable" - Take My Hand - Fred Hammond

Ok I’m still in love with “Love Unstoppable” This is Vintage Fred…

He draws you in with wonderful music then in the middle of the CD you are in tears because the lyrics are what you are living. Isn’t this the reason we fell in love with Commissioned from the beginning to new members to the reunion album. Commissioned is one of the few groups that sang about life about being saved and dependent upon God’s grace. They sang about experience the unconditional love of God and receiving it to give to someone else.

Let’s talk about Track 10 “Take my Hand” (5:50)


Track 10 begins on the end of track nine as “We Give You All the Praise”
ends….

Lord I stand before You once again
I’m so glad that I
know You understand
I’ve done everything I know how to do
And as usual I
end up crying out to You
I tried to do my best but I don’t feel like
I’ll
make it through this test
I can’t remember feeling so much pain
And my
tears keep falling like the pouring rain

I try to force myself to
wear a smile but it’s just not there
This pain I’m feeling deep inside my
heart seems so unfair
It really feels like I won’t make it through another
day
So I stand before You with a broken heart
And all I can say
is
Precious lord please; take my hand
Lead me on; help me stand
Help me
to stand; please help me now

See I can’t front Lord standing here
today
Cuz I stumbled here and there along the way
I’m praying even as I
sing this song
For my breakthrough I hope it won’t be too long

I
try to force myself to wear a smile but it’s just not there
This pain I’m
feel deep down inside my heart seems so unfair
This time I feel like I won’t
make it through another day
So I come before You with a broken heart
And
all I can say is
Precious lord please; take my hand
Lead me on; help me
stand
Help me to stand;

Deep down I know You will come
through
That’s why I’m reaching out to You
Cuz I need to feel Your loving
arms again
And when I feel Your loving touch that’s when
I’ll be ok. I
will be ok
I will make it if You take my hand

Take my hand, take
my hand,
Take my hand, take my hand
Hold me, hold
me

Breakthrough, breakthrough
Breakthrough, breakthrough
I
know you’ll come through Lord

Yes



This song picks up where “Lost in You Again” left off. This is where you found out all you were searching for God has already giving. Now you are seeking to be renewed and filled afresh. You are seeking God with a repentant and contrite heart. You are ‘ready to die’ ready to kill your flesh to follow Christ. (but that review will come later but until that album is released search out Breath of Praise on YouTube.)

This is when you realize you are nothing with out God. You are but dust from the earth and to dust you will return. This is when you realize that you won’t be truly satisfied, happy or at peace until the perfect will of God is wrought in your life.

If you don’t have this album yet, pick it up. You will not regret.



Prayer, love and blessings,

Roscheeta.

No comments:

Post a Comment