Monday, March 05, 2007

Write My Song - Marcus Cole

I'm listening to Marcus again. It is always good to listen to your new music until you are tired of it then a month or so down the road listen to it again. You always find new reasons to fall in love with it all over again.

I am so proud of Marcus the vocals are on point but the album also reflects so many different aspects of music. Which really defines him as gifted.

'It's Alright' and 'The Lord has been Good' has a contemporary feel.
'Finally' takes us back to Marcus and Terrance Herd's album.
'Remember to Breathe' is reminiscent of Commissioned like a good Mitchell Jones song.
'I Don't Know' is really new school upbeat and energetic.
'Write My Song', 'Being with You' & 'Persuaded' has a slow jam tempo songs that can cause you to reflect on your life and relationship with the Lord.
'Celebrate' is exactly that a celebration of Jesus Christ reminds me of Fred Hammond and Israel Houghton.
'You're There' this is a song of reflection and gratitude.
Last but not least 'Bless My Soul' has become my JAM this time around. As I listened to it over and over it reminded me of CeCe Winan's 'Lamb of God' which is great because I love that song too.

Read the lyrics below and if you don't have this CD I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you get it.

Be Blessed, Be Holy

Love, Ro.

Bless My Soul - Marcus Cole

I’ve inquired about your love; through the years
I’ve often wondered; why I’m here
Finding consolation through my tears
My desire is to be more sincere
Author of my past and destiny
Complete the work that you’ve begun in me
Till the day that I rest at your feet
But until then I rest within your peace

Bless my soul, please bless my soul
Bless my soul, please bless my soul
I am come too far, now to let go
I can be whole if you would bless my soul

I have learned to let all possessions go
In exchange for the things you hold
So now wash me Lord now through and through
My heart will sing a song of gratitude

Bless my soul, please bless my soul
Bless my soul, please bless my soul
I am come too far, now to let go
I can be whole if you would bless my soul

Bless my soul, please bless my soul
Bless my soul, please bless my soul
I am come too far, now to let go

I can be whole if you would bless my soul
I can be whole if you would bless my soul
Lord, I can be whole if you would bless my soul

More than anything I need you just to bless my soul
More than anything I need you just to bless my soul
More than the money I need you just to bless my soul
Give me integrity I need you just to bless my soul
Give me longevity I need you just to bless my soul
Now more than anything I need you just to bless my soul
Make me a better witness I need you just to bless my soul
I need your spirit I need you just to bless my soul
I need you, I need you, I need you Lord,
I need thee oh to bless my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment