Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Best Drummer

About 10 years ago (maybe longer) I was one of the biggest John P. Kee fans around. I have many of his Cd's, Tapes and Videos. At the time I thought he had the greatest drummer around...Ladell Abrams. He was the most talented drummer I'd seen. When he started touring with other artist I was devastated. When he came to our state meeting it was a feeding frenzy, everyone wanted to watch him play and hold his stick bag. He broke a stick and people were fighting over the pieces.

I wrote all that to say that Flint has some unsung musicians. During this time span my siblings and our friends were concert and musical junkies. Over the years we grew older, got full time employment, some of us have married, had children, etc. Sometimes being close to people causes us not to recognize greatness among us.

One of those friends is Levi Baker. Levi Baker is a professional drummer. He is the best drummer to come out of Flint. It's not just because he plays well but because of his attitude and demeanor. We all know musicians with talent but they are arrogant, uptight, pompous, self righteous, unapproachable and ungodly.

Mr. Baker is none of those things. He's saved, gracious, kind, approachable, helpful, and has a sense of humor. One thing I love is that he hasn't forgotten his friends.

My brother called him to help out during our annual choir musical and he came through to help and support us. We all know good friends are hard to find.

If you have a circle of friends feel free to celebrate them. Don't be blind to the talented people among you.

I am taking time to celebrate Levi for being a true friend and supporter of my brother and family.

May God bless and prosper you. Continue to be kind. Continue to be God's Levi Priest.

Be blessed and be holy.

Ro.

No comments:

Post a Comment