Monday, February 22, 2010

I woke up with this song reverbing through my mind.

Not Like Me
Deon Kipping & New Covenant


(Spoken) Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if God was just like you? Everything you did God did? Everyone you hurt God hurt? And everyone you gave up on God gave up on? It should make you appreciate the fact that He is nothing like you; that His love is unconditional and that His grace and His mercy it endures forever. I have to tell you about this dream

Yesterday I had a dream
That the God I serve was just like me
He treated people real bad
God was sitting right there
He was acting just like me (2X)

Yes, Yes, I pushed people away
Yes, Yes, I watch some go astray, Yes I did!
Yes, Yes, It was hard to believe that God
He was acting just like me

What if God was one of us?
Would He lie like some of us?
Testify like some of us?
Crucify like some of us?
What if God was one of us?
Would He lie like some of us?
Criticize like some of us?
Oh, What if God was one of us?

What if God was one of us?
Oh, Would He lie like some of us?
Oh, Criticize like some of us?
Oh, What if God was one of us (2x)

What would Jesus do? (3x)
If He was just like you?
(4x)

Adlib. What would Jesus do? Oh oh oh. That is the question that runs thru my mind. This the question that I ask.
What would Jesus do? If He was like you .What would He do. Oh oh oh oh if He was just like you
What would Jesus do? You wear it on your arm and you wear it on your shirt. You got it on your car on your desk at work. This is the question the question.
What would Jesus do? You wear it on your arm and you wear it on your shirt. You got it on your car on your desk at work. This is the question that I ask you.

So glad that He is not like me
He's the healer of every disease
Even when I fall down
His hand is always stretch out
I'm so glad He's not like me (4x)

YouTube Link Not Like Me

1 comment:

  1. Many many days later...I cannot get this song out of my head! Thank you :)
    It is so beautiful and really provokes thought.

    ReplyDelete